As an absolute foodie, I need good food all day, every day. After exploring most of the cafes in Singapore, I brought my cafe-hopping session out of Singapore to somewhere near- Johor Bahru!
- Faculty of Caffeine- A rustic-looking cafe in JB’s “Little India,” Faculty Of Caffeine is one of the cafes in JB that open this EARLY(9 am). Reached JB too early, head down here for some coffee to start your day. They do serve nice breakfast/brunch and main courses.
Address: 3106, Jalan Trus, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor
Operating Hours: Daily 9am-6pm
- Flowers in the Window– A garden-themed cafe in Johor Bahru lying along the popular street of Jalan Dhoby. It is the perfect place for you if you love taking OOTDs. It is one of the Instagram-worthy spaces that offers Asian-fusion mains, brunch, fresh sourdough, homemade cakes, as well as coffee and herb-infused teas!
Address: 9, Jalan Dhoby, Bandar Johor Bahru, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Operating Hours: Daily 10 am- 9 pm
- Once Upon A Time Cafe & Boutique– A double-storey house surrounded by a garden filled with flowers. For girls who love taking photos, let me tell you: the ENTIRE cafe is pink, and even has a corner replete with huge mirrors suitable for you to take pictures.
- Coffee Signature- One of the coffee place that I will visit again in Johor Bahru. One drink that most(if not all) customers will order- Sweet Rain. Sweet Rain is served with hot coffee or tea and a ball of cotton candy above it. The cotton candy is supposed to melt into the cup, but it didn’t go the way I expected it to be. But on the overall, even if it doesn’t melt into the cup, the dried cotton candy at the side of the mug taste as good. Furthermore, I like Coffee Signature for its location as well. Just a short ten mins walk from KSL, and you could head to shop right after your good coffee break.
Address: 53, Jalan Serampang, Taman Sri Tebrau Johor Bahru 80050,, Johor Malaysia.
Operating Hours: Daily 12:00pm – 10:00pm
- The Replacement – Lodge & Kitchen- One of the cafes on my WILL-VISIT-AGAIN list. The Replacement – Lodge, and Kitchen serve the best food and the most reasonable prices you can expect.
Editor’s Recommendation: Soft shell crab bao, Unagi Bowl, Churros
Address: 33, Jalan Dhoby, Bandar Johor Bahru, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Operating Hours: Monday to Thursday 10 am to 6 pm, Friday- Sunday 9 am to 11 pm
Shakespeare Milkshakes- A cafe in JB that serves sweet treats then you will come back for. Apart from that, there is also a range of savoury croffles for you to choose from (croissant pressed between waffle iron)
Address: 9, Jalan Trus, Bandar Johor Bahru, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Operating Hours: Mon-Fri 12 pm to 11 pm, Sat-Sun 12 pm to 12 am
There’s a very long list so do keep yourself updated on the newest list of cafes to try out in Johor Bahru!