Chinese Woman Burns Over S$600 in Microwave to kill Germs?! 😨😨

1 min read
A huge part of staying safe is to have timely, up-to-date information. Join our telegram group for the latest update on the Wuhan virus and other important information here.

Credit: MotherShip, AsiaOne

Since the epidemic outbreak, there are many worries about money being a source of infection.

To disinfect the bank notes, a Chinese woman named ‘Li’ decided to pop in a wad of notes (3,125 yuan which is approximately S$600) in the Microwave.

Image result for microwave smoke

To her horror, a strong burning smell wafted out of the Microwave in less than a minute.

She immediately removed the notes but alas, they could not be saved as the bank notes had various burn marks. 😱😱

In desperate attempts to save her bank notes, she brought them, comprising mostly of 100 yuan (S$20) stacks, to China CITIC Bank.

The notes were badly charred as the bank tellers could not even recognise the notes.

They had to manually count and verify if the notes were not counterfeit.

In the end, much to her relief, she managed to exchange all of her bank notes!

Image result for happy woman

All bank notes collected from Financial Institutions will go through a disinfecting process of either using ultraviolet light or high temperature.

They will then be isolated for 14 days before distributing them to the public.

For best practices however, we should always wash our hands with soap and water after handling cash.

No photo description available.

A huge part of staying safe is to have timely, up-to-date information. Join our telegram group for the latest update on the Wuhan virus and other important information here.

COVID-19 Daily Update 2020-03-07: 13 New Confirmed Cases, Total 130 in SG Now

Choose NATRA BINTAN for the BEST GLAMPING experience!!

Can’t go overseas? How about a local staycation? -PM Lee

Spread the love