As of 4 February 2020, 10am, there are 18 confirmed cases of Coronavirus in Singapore. For the past 2 days, there were no new confirmed cases.
Update of situation in China
- 3 235 new confirmed cases
- 20 438 confirmed cases in total
- 64 new deaths
- 425 deaths in total
- Learn more about the situation in China here
Second death outside China
- A 39-year-old patient in Hong Kong has died of sudden heart failure
- This is following the first death outside China, in the Philippines
- Learn more here
Reporting of profiteers
There have been disturbing reports of profiteers selling masks at unreasonably high prices. Although actions have been taken by the government, you can report errant sellers to CASE at 6100-0315.
China in need of help
- As the situation in China worsens, China is asking for help for its thinning medical supplies (masks, full body suits etc)
- Multiple countries have donated medical supplies to help China in its fight against Coronavirus
- GoFundMe pages have been set up to raise funds to help the medical teams in China. If you are able to help, please donate here
Hope for a possible cure?
- Thai doctors tried a new combination of medicine to treat a severe patient and were successful
- Although according to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the US National Institutes of Health, there is no ‘proven’ cure, isn’t this a step closer to finding a cure?