As of 09 April 2020, 10am, there are 1,623 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Singapore. On 7 April 2020, there were 142 new confirmed cases.
Of the 142 new cases, 2 are imported cases.
Of the remaining 140, 68 are linked cases. Among the linked cases, 40 cases were linked to clusters at foreign worker dormitories and 28 were linked to non-dormitory clusters or other cases.
The remaining 72 are currently unlinked cases. Contact tracing is ongoing.
Sungei Tengah Lodge becomes the fourth dormitory in Singapore to be declared as an isolation area
- Sungei Tengah Lodge was declared an isolation area under the Infectious Diseases Act to prevent the spread or possible outbreak of COVID-19
- The notice came into effect on April 9 2020, at midnight
- This may largely be due to Singapore seeing a spike in cases involving foreign worker dormitories over the past few days
- As of 9 April, 10 am, the 4 dormitories declared as isolation areas are: S11 Dormitory @ Punggol, Westlite Toh Guan dormitory, Toh Guan Dormitory and Sengei Tengah Lodge
- Learn more here
France lockdown to be extended
- France lockdown will extend beyond 15 April 2020
- The new coronavirus situation will be addressed by French President Emmanuel Macron on Monday evening
- Prime Minister Edouard Philippe said the lockdown had helped contain the spread of the coronavirus but stressed the time to lift the restrictions had not yet come.
- France now has 112,950 coronavirus cases and 10,869 coronavirus deaths
- Learn more here.