As of 21 April 2020, 10am, there are 8,014 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Singapore. On 20 April 2020, there were 1,426 new confirmed cases.
According to MOH, 1,369 are work permit holders living in foreign worker dormitories. Many of the workers are reportedly asymptomatic but are tested COVID-19 positive due to the rigorous testing.
Most of the workers who are sick display mild symptoms and none are in critical condition.
Within the local community, there are 25 cases, comprising 18 Singaporeans and permanent residents and seven work pass holders.
We are slowly but surely starting to see the results of the CB. The number of new cases in the community has decreased from an average of 39 cases per day in the week to an average of 29 per day in the past week.
However, MOH observed that the number of unlinked cases still remained constant. So, let’s continue to do our part during this CB, and stay at home.
3 New Clusters
- Jurong Apartments (555 Upper Jurong Road)
- Woodlands Lodge II (190 Woodlands Industrial Park E7)
- 8 Sungei Kadut Loop
Beware of Dengue Mosquitos
- The traditional Dengue season is May to September
- With most of us staying at home due to the CB, please ensure that your home is not a breeding ground for Dengue mosquitoes
- Dengue mosquitoes can breed easily with a volume as small as a 20-cent-coin
- Please frequently check for common potential mosquito breeding habitats, such as pails, dish trays, flower pot plates or trays, vases, and ornamental containers
- NEA warned that the total number of dengue cases can exceed 2019’s figure
- Let’s do our part not only in our fight against COVID-19, but also against Dengue!!
- Learn more here