As of 30 April 2020, 10am, there are 15,641 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Singapore. On 29 April 2020, there were 690 new confirmed cases.
According to MOH, 660 cases were work permit holders residing in dormitories, while 19 were work permit holders staying outside of dormitories.
6 of the cases are Singaporeans or permanent residents, and 5 were work pass holders.
5 New Clusters
- 11 Defu Lane 1
- 106 International Road
- 33 Senoko Way
- 17 Shaw Road
- 182 Woodlands Industrial Park E5
Spread of fake videos to create trouble in foreign workers dorms
- Amid this pandemic, a number of fake and malicious videos of Singapore foreign workers were circulated on social media
- One of them being that of a Bangladeshi worker in Singapore committed suicide due to a lack of money and work
- Another video showed two men fighting in a dorm in Singapore, when in fact the incident took place in Dubai
- These videos served to make Singaporeans believe that foreign workers in Singapore are treated badly but in fact, the Government has ensured that they are paid, three meals a day, and quality medical treatment
- These posts could lead to severe riots like the Little India riots that took place in 2013
- The Government is investigating such cases very closely and they will charge when it becomes a criminal offense
- Learn more here.
For Great Mask and Thermometer Deals, Call +65 6358 4231 OR WhatsApp +65 9457 2440❣️
Also, join our telegram channel for the LATEST Deals!