As of 8 May 2020, 10am, there are 20,939 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Singapore. On 7 May 2020, there were 741 new confirmed cases.
According to MOH, 725 cases are work permit holders living in dormitories, while 9 are work permit holders living outside dormitories.
7 of the remaining cases are Singaporeans or Permanent Residents.
6 New Clusters
- 5 Sixth Lok Yang Road
- 98 Kaki Bukit Industrial Terrace
- Sungei Kadut Avenue
- 5 Tech Park Crescent
- 3 Tuas Drive 1
- 52 Tuas View Square
2 New cases from the Healthcare sector
- 2 healthcare workers tested positive for COVID-19
- Case 20844 tested positive for COVID-19 on 7 May and is a 43-year-old Singaporean
- Case 20737 tested positive for COVID-19 on 6 May and is a 33-year-old Singaporean
- Both had no recent travel history to affected countries or regions
- Prior to hospital admission, Case 20844 had gone to work as a radiographer at the community care facility at Singapore EXPO
- Prior to hospital admission, Case 20737 had gone to work for a few hours as a healthcare assistant at Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
- Learn more here
Cluster at Black Tap at 10 Bayfront Avenue now closed
- The cluster was first identified on 12 April 2020
- There have been no more cases linked to the cluster for the past 28 days.
Do remember to wear masks when you’re out so that we can both help ourselves and the healthcare sector! If you’re in need of masks, we sell masks and thermometers, so just drop us a message at +65 9457 2440 or call +65 6358 4231 😉