Michelin-starred Restaurant Causes Food Poisoning: 43 people fell sick.

At least 43 people took ill with gastroenteritis (stomach flu) symptoms after consuming food in Summer Palace, a Michelin-starred restaurant at Regent hotel Singapore, as well as the hotel’s banquet kitchen.

Summer Palace, located in Regent Singapore, is a Michelin one-star restaurant specialising in Cantonese cuisine. Photo: Regent Singapore

The 43 people are reported to have experienced stomach flu after eating at the restaurant on 11 Nov 2017 last year.

The National Environment Agency (NEA) conducted an investigation and took action on Monday (29 Jan), demoting the food hygiene grade of both Summer Palace and Regent hotel’s banquet kitchen from “A” to “C”.

The food hygiene grade of both restaurants will remain at “C” for at least 12 months before it is reviewed again. NEA has stated it would keep the premises under surveillance in the meantime.

This is the first time a Michelin starred resturant in Singapore has received a food hygiene grade below “A”.

Facebook Comments
, , , ,