For ladies who are heading to Japan, you are IN LUCK! Japanese skincare products are renowned worldwide for their quality and effectivity, some even at affordable prices! Did you know that there are a number of cosmetics brands which you should be very familiar with, and they are also from Japan? Find out what are the Must-Buy Skincare products in Japan!
High-end Skincare Products
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence- One of the most famous Japanese high-end skincare brand for anti-aging products. The Facial Treatment Pitera Essence is a whitening liquid has won numerous beauty awards (and the hearts of many ladies). It is known to show immediate visible effects from the day after you started using it.
- Ipsa Time Reset Aqua & Time Reset Day Essence stick- The Time Reset Aqua, an award-winning lotion launched in 2008. It has won many awards for the best cosmetic product. It’s alcohol-free and the latest formulation contains 2 active soothing and conditioning ingredients to lighten the skin and prevent inflammation. The Time Reset Day Essence Stick, a pocket-size stick where you could bring it everywhere you go, can help you replenish a large amount of moisture when you are outdoors.
Time Reset Aqua
Time Reset Day Essence stick
- Obagi C20 Serum- The Obagi C20 serum, made of a combination of highly concentrated vitamin C and Vitamin E, target those with pore tightening, acne, and acne scars problems. It is said to be an all-purpose liquid which can solve most problems.
- Sekkisei (雪肌精)– Suitable for ALL ages, Sekkisei works on normal to oily skin types, especially those with large pores, excessive sebum production, and dull skin. It is also a best-seller product in Japan and it is said to be able to brighten up your skin complexion.
For those with sensitive skin, just a gentle reminder: it has a high alcohol content, so please do not try it.
- Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil- Being awarded multiple prizes from Japanese fashion magazines, Shu Uemura’s cleansing oil can remove the strongest waterproof makeup. It refreshes your pores by cleaning them and supplying them with keratin and properly moisturizes your skin.
- Cle de Peau Beaute La Creme- This is Shiseido’s most expensive brand, Cle de Peau. Their night cream is renowned for ouch-free facial filler effect which has tremendous effects on wrinkles and hyperpigmentation. It is also said to be a good replacement for going to a high-class esthetician or even cosmetic surgery. It is sold at 50000 yen for ONLY 25 grams. (VERY EXPENSIVE RIGHT?)
Affordable Skincare Products
- Perfect Whip Facial Wash- This facial foam wash dissolves impurities and makeup effectively with its high foaming formula. It also contains hydrating agents to maintain the moisture level your skin. What’s so amazing about the facial wash is not only the effects, but it is also reasonably priced. It works on dry, oily, normal and combination skin types.
- Chifure Skin Refresher- Known as a brand which sells high quality yet low price skincare products, Chifure has alcohol free, fragrance free, and has no artificial coloring in their products so that you can use it with an ease of mind. It is also very environmentally friendly as it comes in refill packs as well!
- Muji Light Toning Water(For Sensitive Skin)- Made using natural water from Kamaishi in Iwate prefecture, the Muji Light Toning Water provides fresh hydration for the sensitive skin. It was also awarded as the No. 1 moisturizer in Japanese’s Cosme’s book.
- Lululun Face Mask- One of the best selling sheet mask brand in Japan, selling over 300 million pieces in Japan(excluding other countries), they offer 3 types of masks in Lululun’s classic to hydrate, moisturize and whiten.
- Kanebo Suisai Beauty Clear Powder– Easy to bring for travelling as it comes in small capsules. The Kanebo Suisai Beauty Clear Powder is said to contain enzyme which works effectively to make skin soft and clean. It helps to remove old keratin on skins, cleansing poles, and blackheads.