Heading to Japan for your Year-end Holiday yet not know what are the snacks you definitely HAVE to buy and try when you are there? There are so many snacks for you to choose from, but let me tell you what are the Must-Buys when you are in Japan.
- Tokyo Banana- one of the most popular items to get when you visit Japan. Not sure if you have tried it before, it is a light fluffy sponge cake filled with custard(which is of a banana shape).
My personal recommendation: Tokyo Banana Strawberry Ginza(It’s sponge cake filled with rich strawberry cream). You can find it at Tokyo Station & Tokyo Sky Tree but getting it at the Haneda/ Narita Airport/ Kansai (Osaka) airport does offer the same price and sometimes even cheaper because it’s Tax-Free!
Tokyo Banana Strawberry Ginza
- Royce Potato Chips Chocolate – The unique combination of potato chips and chocolate. The Potato Chip Chocolate is a very popular item in Japan all-year-long. And it is also one of the top favourite for chocolate lovers! The Potato Chip Chocolate comes in four different flavours: Original, Caramel, Fromage Blanc and Mild Bitter. Apart from the Potato Chip Chocolate, you can also try out their Nama Chocolate.
- Shiroi Koibito- It is a European-style cookie manufactured and sold by Japanese confectionery maker in Sapporo Hokkaido. It is available at most souvenir shops in Hokkaido. If not, you can also get them at the airports or on their official website.
- Corn Chocolate (Editor’s All-Time Favourite) – Also exclusive to those heading to Hokkaido, this is something you have to get before heading home. It is made up of crispy sweet corn coated with chocolate. You can even buy seasonal flavours on different seasons (IF you are lucky enough).
- Jaga Pokkuru (Japanese French Fries Snack)-Jaga Pokkuru is shaped like french fries but one thing special about them is that they leave the potato skins on. They used the potato made in Hokkaido and roasted salt from the Okhotsk region. It is only sold in the Hokkaido region. So if you are not in Hokkaido, you can purchase it from their official website.