Planning to for a short getaway to Batam? A well-planned trip can save you on the unnecessary waste of time and mental energy when you are there. Let me tell you all you need to know BEFORE and DURING your trip.
- Get the right transportation with the right channel. This may sound pretty easy, but the LAST thing you want for your short trip away from Singapore is the poor departure timing or end up at a ferry terminal further away from your accommodation. Therefore, to save the hassle, you can also consider a full package of a Batam trip which includes two-way ferry tickets, breakfast, accommodation, land transfer or/and even a city tour.
- Check out for the right accommodation. Especially if it is just a short trip over the weekends, time is VERY precious. Book a hotel which is within walking distance to the places you intend to go to. If not, make sure they have complimentary shuttle buses so that you do not waste time and money. They can be better utilized for shopping/ sight-seeing instead. Want a unique experience of staying at the villa over the water? Choose Woda Villa. Not only Woda Villa features an indoor pool and an outdoor pool, but they also offer many services which are definitely plus points for travelers who want an excellent getaway. They also provide spa services, dry cleaning/laundry services, and 24-hour room service.
Woda Villa also provides complimentary shuttle service to 2 shopping malls (Nagoya Hills and BCC Mall). It is also a 5-10 mins walk away from the Golden Prawn 933 Seafood Restaurant. A roundtrip ferry shuttle and an area shuttle are complimentary for guests as well.
- Check the weather forecast 1-2 weeks before departure
This is extremely important because your plans may change if the weather isn’t suitable for the activities you planned out. You can also prepare a checklist for the outfits and items you need for your getaway.
- Book for massage/ spa treatment slots before it’s all taken up
The spas in Batam do offer a wide variety of treatments and are sure to leave you feeling well rested and relaxed. Therefore, it’s recommended for you to book the massages/spa treatment in advance. Here are three popular Spas in Batam that you can try.
1. Tea Tree Spa– It is Holiday’s Inn Resort Batam’s in-house spa facility. They offer separate spa villas for the guests to ensure total privacy and tranquil atmosphere. Most of the treatments in Tea Tree Spa begin with some time spent in the Jacuzzi and ends with a herbal tea. Tea Tree Spa has an extensive spa menu including manicures, pedicures and even massages for kids!
2. Majesty Spa & Massage House – Known as Batam’s best spa, Majesty Spa & Massage House is located just outside the Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall. The Bali Traditional Massage, is ideal for loosening knots in stiff, overworked back and shoulders, with a choice of using cream or oil for the massage. You can also try their Milk Bath Jacuzzis, and hot stone massage as well.
And one unique thing about Majesty Spa & Massage House, they do provide a complimentary pickup and drop-off service to hotels, shopping malls and other locations across Batam.
3. Spa Central- One of the first boutique day spas in Batam, Spa Central offers a wide array of treatments, including massages, facials, hair care, manicures, pedicures, and waxing.
- Souvenirs for friends? Get something for yourself? Not only you can find things sold that are way cheaper than Singapore, get some local souvenirs as well. Here’s the list of things which you can consider getting not to come back to Singapore empty-handed.
1.Ellips Hair Vitamin (comes in capsules)
3. Layer Cake (Kueh Lapis) -This layer cake can be found in many places in Batam (even at ferry terminals)and comes in a variety of flavors such as original (plain), Pandan, Mocha, Chocolate, Prune, and Cheese. This sweet and rich cake is a favourite and a must-purchase for many before heading home.
4. Keropok (Deep-fried Crackers)- Pick up some local chips to enjoy upon arriving at Batam. Purchase the uncooked version for a longer lasting souvenir and deep fry the uncooked version in a generous volume of oil, and you’ll get to enjoy it back at home. (But I am always lazy enough to not fry it back at home.)
Don’t end up with a short holiday more exhausting than a long day at work with overtime. Plan Right and Have Fun!
- Visit some places of interest
-Maha Vihara Duta Maitreya Buddhist Temple
– Catch the sunset at Barelang Bridge. The Barelang Bridge is the collective name of 6 different bridges that connect the surrounding islands Batam, Rempang, and Galang.
Plan your itinerary right away and enjoy your well-deserved getaway!