We have heard of long-term passes being suspended because of a breach of SHNs or LOAs. This time ICA has cancelled a Singaporean’s passport for breaching his SHN willingly.
Goh Illya Victor, 53 willingly breached his SHN despite warning from authorities.
- 3 Mar 2020: travelled to Batam, Indonesia
- 19 Mar 2020: returned to Singapore through Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal
- 19 Mar 2020: issued a SHN
- 19 Mar 2020: decided to return to Indonesia, depsite ICA officers warning him that he would breach the SHN requirements and could face penalties
- 24 Mar 2020: returned to Singapore from Indonesia through the Singapore Cruise Centre
- 24 Mar 2020: issued with a second 14-day-SHN
ICA said that it will not hesitate to take strong enforcement action against those who fail to comply with stay-home notice requirements.
Besides having their passport cancelled, such people can also be prosecuted under the Infectious Diseases Act and its Regulations, and face a fine of up to S$10,000, or 6 months’ jail, or both.
Members of public can report any information on those who did not comply with SHN requirements to ICA at go.gov.sg/reportshnbreach or 6812 5555.
Let’s all do our part in our fight against COVID-19, and observe social responsibility!