Information credits: gov.sg
Circuit Breaker officially ends next week, June 1 🎉
But Singapore’s exit from the Circuit Breaker will be done through a three-phased approach.
Wait, what is this three-phased approach? Let us break it down for you!
Phase One: Safe Re-opening
Activities that do not pose a high risk of infection will be gradually reopened. However, activities that pose a higher risk of infection will remain closed.
- Some businesses will resume operations with Safe Management measures. Most of us will still continue to work from home.
- Some of the services that are allowed to reopen: aircon servicing and basic pet services
- Sadly, we still cannot dine at F&B outlets
Safe Home & Community
- From 2 June, you can visit your parents or grandparents. But only 2 members of one household are allowed to visit on each day. In other words, you cannot meet up with your cousins at your grandparents’.
- Primary and Secondary school students who are in graduating cohorts will attend school daily.
- Others will alternate between Home-Based Learning and school lessons.
- Essential care services such as residential care services will continue.
- Senior-centric activities will remain suspended, but Senior Activity Centres will resume gradually to provide social support for seniors.
This phase will last for 4-6 weeks as the government will need to observe the situation for at least 2 incubation periods.
Phase Two: Safe Transition
Singapore can only transit to this phase if community transmission rates remain low and the dormitory situation remains under control.
In this phase, we can finally dine in at restaurants, exercise at the gym, go shopping at retail shops and meet with our friends in small groups 😄😄 Outdoor facilities will also reopen.
All students will fully return back to school and more students will be allowed on campuses of institutes of higher learning.
If you need help from your tuition teachers, don’t worry tuition centres will reopen too!
Phase 2 will last for several months, depending on how the situation evolves.
Phase Three: Safe Nation
This phase will be our ‘new normal’, which will remain until a vaccine is developed. This phase is not the same as returning to our lives before Covid-19. As there will be new controls, safeguards and limits in place.
In this phase, many gatherings will resume with a limit on the size of gatherings.
No matter which phase we are in, do remember to wear a mask when you go outside!
If you’re in need of any supplies, you can drop us a message at +65 9457 2440 or call +65 6358 4231 We are currently selling masks and thermometers!