If you’re planning to visit Japan soon, you have to check out the Top 20 Must-Buy in Japan Drugstores. Some of the cosmetic products which can be found in the Japan drugstore have also been included in one of the most coveted rankings in Japanese beauty: @cosme awards.
@cosme is the most popular and influential online beauty community in Japan. Viewers can check the latest information on new products, best selling items, monthly ranking, and comment on products’ page and exchange their reviews with others who tried the products.
Guess what products are on the list for the mid-year version of the Best New Buys award in 2018 and most recommended products on the “Hall of Fame” list by @cosme.\
Best New Buys award in 2018 (Mid-Year Version)
- dejavu Lasting-Fine a Cream Pencil Eyeliner
- MAQuillAGE Powdery UV Foundation
clé de peau BEAUTÉ Brilliant À LÈVRES ÉCLAT Radiant Lip Gloss
Here are some of the most recommended products on the “Hall of Fame” @cosme
- Excel Powder&Pencil Eyebrow EX
- Canmake Cream Cheek
Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+
SOFINA Primavista Long Keep Base
SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler
SHISEIDO Spots Cover Foundation
- DHC Lip Balm
Apart from the cosmetic products, there are others that you have to get when you are in a Japan Drugstore.
- Rohto Lycee Eye Drops- Do you have irritated eyes due to lack of sleep? Or eye fatigue while using the phone? The Rohto Lycee Eye Drops helps to refresh tired, dry, or red eyes in 1-2 drops! It also has a very nice-smelling rose fragrance. There are two different types of eye drops suited for contact lens users and for fatigue and tired eyes
- Kao Megrythm Steam Eye Mask- The steam eye masks come in a variety of scents and includes ear straps to prevent it from falling off when in use. Are your eyes feeling tired after a long day? Or do you have a hard time falling asleep? Use a steam eye mask! When it comes into contact with your skin, the mask will warm up for about 10 minutes and emits a very soothing scent which helps you to really relax and get to sleep.
- Japanese Cow Beauty Soap- Looks too simple to be even noticeable- a white bar soap, packed in a translucent plastic wrapper and then packed in a box. I never knew why the Cow Milk Soap was so popular until I tried it for myself. I always had the impression that bar soaps will be quite drying, but NO., it brightens my skin and the soap melts on water upon contact.
- Lululun Face Mask- One of the best selling sheet mask brand in Japan, selling over 300 million pieces in Japan(excluding other countries), they offer 3 types of masks in Lululun’s classic to hydrate, moisturize and whiten.
- Kanebo Suisai Beauty Clear Powder– Easy to bring for travelling as it comes in small capsules. The Kanebo Suisai Beauty Clear Powder is said to contain an enzyme which works effectively to make skin soft and clean. It helps to remove old keratin on skins, cleansing pores, and blackheads.
- Asahi Perfect Asta Collagen Powder Premier Rich
- Kracie Simpro Hair Mascara
- UNA Kowa Cool Anti Itch Insect Bites
- Namerakahonpo Skincare (Facial Cleanser)
- DHC supplements & Lip Balm
- Jill Stuart Blushes
Most of the products(If not all)mentioned below can be found in Japanese drugstores such as Matsumoto KiYoshi, Ainz & Tulpe, PLAZA, and LOFT. These drugstores are almost everywhere, and it’s impossible to NOT be able to find them.